(This post contains affiliate links for products that I personally use)
Taking a long hot bath is one of life's great luxuries! Do yourself a huge favor and take it a step further and add some detox elements. My favorite combination is green tea, lavender, and magnesium (one of my all time favorite bath and body ingredients). Green tea is such a detox powerhouse, it is super beneficial for your skin, a great antioxidant, and of course relaxing. Green tea will make your skin softer and help eliminate toxins from the body.
Lavender will help soothe skin irritations and also has calming and relaxing benefits. Lavender will help quell symptoms of anxiety and depression.
Saving the best for last......magnesium! Magnesium is a very important nutrient that most people are deficient in. This one ingredient is known to help with heart health, anxiety, depression, insomnia, muscle cramps, and even osteoporosis. It is also absorbed very well through the skin which makes it perfect for a detox bath
So here is what you need:
- 5-7 Green Tea Bags
- 2 T Lavender Buds
- 1/3 C Magnesium Flakes ( I bought mine here)
- Tea Bag Papers or Tea Ball
- Put 2T of lavender buds in a tea bag or tea ball. If you do not have either of these no worries, you can just toss them in loose. I just prefer to keep them in a tea bag. Leaving them loose reminds me of dead bugs.
- Draw a very hot bath (hot but not scalding) and toss everything into the bath and hop in. Be sure to drink a lot of water before hand, you will sweat quite a bit.
- Stay in the tub for at least 20 minutes to get the full detox effect.
- Take it nice and slow when getting out, some people may get a little light headed.
There are also a ton of other detox ingredients you can use. Epsom salt, Apple cider vinegar, baking soda, ground ginger to name a few. Epsom salt is a good alternative to magnesium flakes since it contains magnesium. Mix and match to figure out what works for you. Just make sure to drink lots of water before your detox bath and moisturize afterwards.